We have all seen how the other half live by going online or reading newspapers and magazines. Celebrities with plenty of cash to burn spend their days relaxing in stunning, lavish homes that have everything you could wish for and a bit more besides. Celebrities often tend to move around a lot, so it is not unusual for a celebrity home to come onto the market for sale. Of course, if you were hoping to get your hands on it, you would be looking at paying an absolute fortune, as celebrity properties don’t come cheap!
Some of the most expensive celebrity homes to hit the market this year
The cost of any celebrity home going on the market will depend on various factors, just as it would with a standard home. The location, size, land, features and amenities will all play a part in the asking price. So, let’s take a look at some of the stunning celebrity homes that have hit the market this year complete with crippling price tag…
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale: The couples sprawling mansion just outside Beverley Hills went on the market for $35 million this year. The property boasts seven bedrooms, eleven bathrooms, a tennis court, spa, and pool amongst other things. It is modern, stylish, and huge, making it ideal for those with larger families – and plenty of money!
- Tom Hanks: With an asking price of a cool $18 million, Hollywood star Tom Hanks put two of his homes up for sale this year. The properties, located in Pacific Palisades, California, are adjacent to one another. Potential buyers also have the option of purchasing just one of the two homes for $9.25 million or $8.75 million. Tom also owns yet another house on that same street, so whoever moves in will enjoy the delights of having the star as a neighbor.
- John McEnroe: Tennis star, John McEnroe, decided to put his swanky Hamptons home up for sale with an asking price of $14.5 million. Situated in a very desirable Southampton location, the property has eight bedrooms and is by the beach. Of course, there is a tennis court at the property along with a variety of additional luxuries.
- Britney Spears: As a result of being offered a permanent residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Britney decided to put her stunning Thousand Oaks home up for sale. Originally, the songstress was asking $9 million for it but she has since dropped the asking price to $7.9 million. The house has a Spanish theme and plenty of space. There is a games room, movie room, designer offices, beautiful pool area, and more.
- Johnny Depp: Johnny Depp has many homes, and one of them went up for sale in 2017 for a whopping $12.8 million. It is located in LA’s historic district in the Eastern Columbia building. The star purchased the art deco apartment in 2007, after which he snapped up another four penthouses in the same building. The style is open plan and very modern but also very unique with its vibrant colors and bold décor.
- Tom Brady: Along with his model wife, Gisele Bundchen, sporting celebrity Tom Brady put his apartment up for sale with a price tag of $17.25 million. Located in the heart of Manhattan at One Madison, the loft apartment is decadent and lavish. You can enjoy stunning views of the city along with more than 3,300 square feet of unadulterated luxury.
So, if you have plenty of money in the bank or strike it lucky with the lottery, these are just some of the incredible celebrity homes you could consider.